Inspired by the Medieval Book of Beasts also called Bestiary which is a descriptive book on various real or mythical kinds of animals, especially a medieval work with a moralizing tone.
On this pendant is the Basilisk, the legendary reptile reputed to be a serpent king, which was a hybrid from a rooster and a serpent, who can cause death with a single glance. On his back is a weasel, his only weakness, attacking him.
• Hand carved in bronze
• Hand painted enamel
• Gold leaf on background
• Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
• Signed in the back by artist
• The pendant is about 1.25" x 1" or 30 mm x 25 mm.
The chain options are:
• 14k gold filled (Nickel free. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off)
• Antiqued solid sterling silver
• Antiqued copper chain mail
• Black leather