Inspired by the Medieval Book of Beasts also called Bestiary which is a descriptive book on various real or mythical kinds of animals, especially a medieval work with a moralizing tone.
On this pendant is the Basilisk, the legendary reptile reputed to be a serpent king, which was a hybrid from a rooster and a serpent, who can cause death with a single glance. On his back is a weasel, his only weakness, attacking him.
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf on background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
- Signed in the back by artist
- The pendant is about 1.25" x 1" or 30 mm x 25 mm.
- 14k gold filled chain
- Nickel free.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Black leather