Hand carved little Byzantine earrings with embedded garnet in its center. Very light weight and rich in warm colors.
Byzantine jewelry are characterized by rich colors such as gold, garnet red, royal blue and emerald green.
The Byzantine era was a 1000 years and includes the middle ages.
The Byzantine Empire was the continuation of the Roman Empire in its eastern provinces during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages, when its capital city was Constantinople (modern Istanbul, formerly Byzantium).
- The coins are about 15mm or 5/8".
- Hand carved domed coins
- Solid yellow bronze also caller jeweler gold bronze charms.
- Embedded 3 mm garnets.
- Soldered bronze eyelets on top.
- Signed in the back by artist.
- Level back ear wire option
- Fish hook ear wire option
- 14k gold filled ear wire. Gold filled does not peel off or rub off like platted. It has 100 times more gold.
- Nickel free.