This Airmed Eir necklace is hand painted and hand carved cloisonné pendant and are the artist original art work imagined from depictions of this norse goddess of birthing, healing and herbalism.
Eir ("mercy") is a Norse goddess of healing. She knew the secret powers of herbs, with which she could even resurrect the dead. She taught the art of healing only to women, who, in ancient Scandinavia, were the only physicians. She is the patroness of health-care workers, called on against sickness or injury. She is one of the goddesses on the mountain called Lyfia ("to heal through magic"), and gives both physical and psychic means of healing; shamanic healing, especially, falls into her realm.
Eir is a companion of the goddess Frigg.
Airmed – (Irish) is a healing goddess known particularly for her skill in herbalism.
• Hand carved cloisonne pendant
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Hand painted
• Gold leaf background
• Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
• The pendant is about 1 1/4" x 5/8".
• Soldered eyelets on upper side corners
• Signed in the back by artist
• Faceted 4 mm apatite with vermeil wire. Apatite is a healing stone.
• 14k gold filled chain option. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated.
• Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page