Eir ("mercy") is a minor Norse goddess of healing. She knew the secret powers of herbs, with which she could even resurrect the dead.
She taught the art of healing only to women, who, in ancient Scandinavia, were the only physicians. She is the patroness of health-care workers, called on against sickness or injury.
She is one of the goddesses on the mountain called Lyfia ("to heal through magic"), and gives both physical and psychic means of healing; shamanic healing, especially, falls into her realm.
Eir is a companion of the goddess Frigg.
• Hand carved in solid yellow bronze.
• Hand painted
• Gold leaf in background
• Sealed with resin to preserve finish.
• Signed in the back by artist.
• The pendant is about 1 1/4" x 5/8".
• 2.3 mm thick antiqued solid sterling silver