Rhiannon is the Welsh and Celtic Goddess of the Horses, Moon and Abundance. She is associated with the Gaulish Goddess Epona.
She and her horses might also have been leaders of the soul in the after-life ride. Epona was the Celtic Horse Goddess whose worship spread to Britain and Rome from Western Europe. Her name means "Divine mare" in Gaulish.
Despite being a Gaulish word most of the surviving inscriptions and texts that mention this Goddess are in Latin.
The mare was an ancient symbol of fertility, this has lead to suggestions that she was an early Mother Goddess figure, whose role was later reduced to protector of horses.
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
- Hand painted
- Sealed with resin to preserve the finish.
-Signed in the back by the artist.
- The pendant is about 1.5" x .75".
- Soldered eyelets on top.
- Med 2.3mm 14k gold filled chain
- Gold filled is 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free