This cameo represents The Greek hero, Heracles or Hercules in roman. Son of Zeus and mortal Alcmere. depicts his 7th labor where he captured the Cretan Bull. He is depicted with his olive-wood club. In the background his the two-headed god Janus, God of beginnings and transitions.
• Handmade medallion.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
• Reproduction of a 17th c. cameo intaglio from the Victorian Grand Tour.
• Slightly antiqued.
• Bronze eyelet soldered in the back.
• The medallion is 24 mm x 20 mm
• Signed in the back by artist.
• 14k gold filled chain.
• Gold filled does not peel off or rub off. It has 100 times more gold than plated.
• Nickel free.
top of page
bottom of page