Handmade goddess Nike necklace.
In Greek Mythology, Nike was the goddess of speed, strength and victory. Also known as Winged Goddess, Nike is most often pictured as having wings.
Ancient Greeks worshiped Nike because they believed she could make them immortal and was able to grant to humans strength and the speed needed to be victorious in any task they undertook.
When Nike appeared alone, she always had wings and sported a palm branch in her right hand. If she was seen with another god, Nike was always wingless. According to many accounts, Nike is portrayed without wings in Athens so that she could never fly away from their city.
Nike is one of the most commonly portrayed figures on Greek coins.
In Roman her name is Victory.
- Handmade Greek coin reproduction (452 bc)
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze coin charm.
- The coin is about 16mm.
- Soldered bronze eyelet on top.
- One sided coin
- Signed in the back by artist
- Faceted light purple iolite wire wrapped chain.
- Vermeil wire
- 14 k gold filled clasp
- Nickel free.
top of page
bottom of page