The Phoenix or Phenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.
It originated in Ethiopia. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.
According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again.
According to some texts, the phoenix could live over 1,400 years before rebirth. In the historical record, the phoenix "could symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time, the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration and resurrection". During the middle age, the phoenix was the symbol of the Ressurection of Christ and the divine nature.
Video of Vie featuring the Phoenix
- Hand carved in solid yellow bronze.
- Signed in the back by artist.
- Hand sculpted bail
- The pendant measures 1.5" x 5/8" or 45 mm x 1.5 mm.
- 14k gold filled chain. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- Nickel free
- 3 mm medium black leather option
top of page
bottom of page