Hand carved and painted cloisonné Hindu goddess Saraswati pendant.
Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of knowledge, music, art, wisdom, and learning. She is a part of the trinity of Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Parvati. All the three forms help the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva to create, maintain, and regenerate the Universe, respectively.
She is generally shown to have four arms, those hands symbolically mirror her husband Brahma's four heads, representing manas (mind, sense), buddhi (intellect, reasoning), citta (imagination, creativity), and ahamkāra (self consciousness, ego). Brahma represents the abstract, while she represents action and reality.
She is represented with a swan at her feet which symbolizes the ability to discriminate between good and evil.
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant in solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze
- Hand painted enamel
- Gold leaf accents
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
- Signed in the back by artist
- Soldered tube bail on top
- Pendant is 35 mm x 35 mm
- 14k gold filled chain options. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than platted. Does not peel off
- Nickel free
- 3 mm thick black leather option.
top of page
bottom of page