This cameo represents the gorgon Medusa's head on a shield. The shield is called Aegis. It was used by Athena on a battle for protection. It was also prominent in the middle age on the shields of the knights and in front of castles for added protection.
- Reproduction of a cameo intaglio from Grand Tour, 17th Century.
- Handmade solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze medallion.
- 14k gold filled chain
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
- Bronze bail soldered on top of medallion.
- The medallion is 28 mm x 28 mm
- Black enamel on the leave frame.
- Lobster claw clasp.