The encounter of Thor and the water snake Jormungandr also known as the Midgard serpent was very popular in Norse art.Jormungandr was the son of Loki and was said to have grown so large that it was able to surround the earth and grasp its own tail.
On this scene, Thor caught the world serpent with a fishing line and there are engaging in battle. Neither won as the Giant Hymir cut the line.
• Hand carved pendant.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
• Patina applied for contrast.
• Large hand carved bail with the name "Thor" written in ancient runes.
• The pendant is 2.5" x 1 1/8"
• 3.5 mm 14 k gold filled chain option
• 3.5 mm antiqued solid sterling silver chain option.
• 5 mm handmade antiqued solid bronze chain mail option.
• 4 mm black genuine Greek leather option.
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free.