Tiny red rose earrings, hand carved and hand painted.
The Victorians began the tradition of using flowers as a means to communicate unspoken feelings. Red roses have been synonymous with passion and romantic love.
In ancient Greece, the rose was closely associated with the goddess Aphrodite.
Following the Christianization of the Roman Empire, the rose became identified with the Virgin Mary. The colour of the rose and the number of roses received has symbolic representation. The rose symbol eventually led to the creation of the rosary and other devotional prayers in Christianity.
- Hand carved rose charm
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm
- 13mm charm
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled ear wires.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off
- Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page