Handmade Victorian cameo Intaglio necklace reproduction representing the power couple Zeus and Hera.
Zeus, Roman equivalent Jupiter is the king of the gods, god of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice.
His wife Hera, Roman equivalent Juno is the queen of the gods, goddess of marriage, women and birth).
Here they are in a position of power and surrender by their animals, the peacock, the eagle and the golden heifer.
At the beginning of the 1800s a single hand carved semi precious gem Intaglio or Cameo was an extremely rare and treasured possession. ... It also allowed for production carving, which was faster, more formulaic. The end result was a cameo that was both affordable and beautiful.
• Handmade cameo reproduction.
• Reproduction of a 17th c. cameo intaglio
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Bronze bail soldered in the back.
• Signed in the back by artist
• The medallion is 40 mm x 35 mm
• 14k gold filled chain options
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.
• Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page