The leaping hare, this animal was sacred to the god Pan, who had a temple in Messana and was widely worshipped there. The dolphin below the hare harks back to the original name of Messana, Zankle ("sickle"), so named for its crescent-shaped harbor, of which the leaping dolphin's arched shape became a visual allegory.
The Hare is a symbol of speed, rebirth and fertility.
Reproduction of a coin from c. 425-421 BC, Sicily, Italy (Greek at the time)
• Handmade solid yellow bronze coin reproduction.
• Soldered tube bail on top
• The pendant is 1 " x 1".
• Signed in the back by artist
• One sided coin
• Different 14k gold filled chain options. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Antiqued solid sterling silver chain options
• 3mm black leather option (named medium leather)
• Nickel free.