Hand carved cloisonne Anubis pendant.
Anubis is the guardian of the dead.
In this scene, Anubis attends the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.
Anubis’ main roles were embalming the body, guiding the soul to the god Osiris in the underworld, and protecting the tomb. He was also the patron of lost souls and orphans.
Anubis was the guardian of all kinds of magical secrets. Whole battalions of messenger demons are under his command. In the magical papyri dating to Roman times, Anubis acts as the main enforcer of curses.
- Hand carved pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- The pendant is 1 1/4" x 3/4".
- Soldered bail on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- 4mm wide black genuine Greek leather option
- Nickel free
- For men it is recommended from 20" medium chain and up.