Handmade Athena cameo earrings.
This cameo represents the Goddess Athena or Minerva in Roman. Athena is the Goddess of Justice, Wisdom, Warfare, Divine Intelligence, Architecture and Crafts.
She's usually shown in art wearing a helmet and holding a spear. Her major symbols include owls, olive trees, snakes, and the Gorgoneion (amulet showing Medusa's head).
Athena was believed to have been born from the head of her father Zeus.
In Latin her name is Minerva.
- Handmade cameo
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze cameos.
- Reproduction of a 17th c. Victorian Grand Tour cameo.
- The cameos are about 35 mm x 25 mm
- Different 14k gold filled ear wire.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
- Each piece is fired individually thus sizes and colors may vary slightly from the listed pictures.
*** Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin. There is no nickel and is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. It is not coated in gold. It is the natural color of yellow bronze. Bronze does oxidize over time and is easily polished.
top of page
bottom of page