The relief of the urchin catches the light perfectly for a sparkle effect. Small and dainty they are the perfect size to be comfortable, be seen and gives a classy look.
Urchin is a symbol for fertility. Sea Urchins are the organs of the sea. It is symbolic for rare youth.
A folk tradition in Denmark and southern England imagined sea urchin fossils to be thunderbolts, able to ward off harm by lightning or by witchcraft. Another version supposed they were petrified eggs of snakes, able to protect against heart and liver disease, poisons, and injury in battle, and accordingly they were carried as amulets. These were, according to the legend, created by magic from foam made by the snakes at midsummer.
- The urchins are about 15mm or 1/2 inch.
- 2 mm white cubic zirconium.
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze sea urchins.
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14K gold filled ear wire.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free.
top of page
bottom of page