Urchin is a symbol for fertility. Sea Urchins are the flowers of the sea. It is symbolic for rare youth.
A folk tradition in Denmark and southern England imagined sea urchin fossils to be thunderbolts, able to ward off harm by lightning or by witchcraft. Another version supposed they were petrified eggs of snakes, able to protect against heart and liver disease, poisons, and injury in battle, and accordingly they were carried as amulets. These were, according to the legend, created by magic from foam made by the snakes at midsummer.
- I made a mold from a sea urchin.
- One sided charm.
- The charm is about 15mm wide or about 1/2 inch.
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm
- Embedde 2 mm white cubic zirconium.
- Signed in the back by artist
- Soldered eyelet on top
- The pictured satellite chain is very dainty and is not recommended for longer than 18" long.
- Other 14k gold filled chain length and thickness options are available.
- The thin chain is 1.4mm.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free.
top of page
bottom of page