Hand sculpted Bastet pendant with her name embossed in hieroglyphics.
Bastet was the ancient Egyptian goddess of protection and cats. As protectress, she was seen as defender of the pharaoh. In later times Bastet became the goddess of protection and blessing, and was the protectress of women, children, and domestic cats. She was the goddess of sunrise, music, dance, and pleasure as well as family, fertility, and birth.
The famous cat Goddess, she protected pregnant woman and children. Bast was a very sensual Goddess who enjoyed music, dance and perfume. Her name comes from the bas jars used to store perfumes and ointments. Other versions of this Goddess names include: Bast, Baset, Ubasti and Pasht.
- Hand sculpted
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
- The hieroglyphs under her head reads "Bastet".
- Peridots embedded in the eyes.
- Soldered bronze bail.
- The pendant is 25mm.
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled chain options. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
- 4mm thick black leather option
top of page
bottom of page