Hand carved Art Deco cat cloisonne earrings.
No domesticated creature holds more varied symbolic meanings than the black cat.
In nearly every society through history and spanning the globe, the black cat has been said to represent spiritual beings, good or bad luck (depending on circumstance) and omens galore.
In eastern cultures, the black cat can be seen as a spirit guardian. This relates to the bad luck symbolism prevalent in the west as they are said to “soak up” bad luck as they visit, taking the burden for themselves.
• Hand carved charms
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charms
• Hand painted
• Soldered eyelet on top
• Signed in the back by artist
• The charms are 1.5" long.
• 14K gold filled ear wire.
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free.