Taras was the son of Poseidon, god of the sea. Most coins of the city bearing his name show the patron deity riding on the back of a dolphin and holding a sea horse.
Greek coin reproduction from 315 - 302 BC Calabria, Tarentum (present day Italy).
• Handmade in solid yellow bronze
• One sided coin
• Soldered bronze eyelet on top.
• Signed in the back by artist
• Coin is about 3/4" x 3/4"
• 14k gold filled chain. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
• Nickel free.
top of page
bottom of page