Cernunnos Celtic God of Nature and Forest Horned God Earrings
Cernunnos is the conventional name given in Celtic studies to depictions of the "horned god" (sometimes referred to as Herne the Hunter) of Celtic polytheism.
He is the "Lord of the Animals" or the "Lord of Wild Things". In Wicca and other forms of Neopaganism the Horned God reflects the seasons of the year in an annual cycle of life, death and rebirth.
Reproduction of the horned god scene from the Gundestrup Cauldron ( Gaelic cauldron from 200 BC).
• Hand carved in solid yellow bronze.
• Patina applied for aging.
• Artist signature in back.
• The charms are about 30 mm x 17 mm.
• The earrings are 1.5" long.
• 14k gold filled chain and ear wire.
Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.