This ancient coin depicts a naked child seated on a horse which symbolizes the equestrian events that often took place in Tarentum. The ancient city of Tarentum (Taras in ancient Greek) has the distinction of being the only city outside of Sparta founded and colonized by the Spartans.
Coin reproduction from 315 - 302 BC Calabria, Tarentum (present day Italy).
• Handmade in solid yellow bronze
• One sided coin
• Soldered bronze eyelet on top.
• Signed in the back by artist
• Coin is about 3/4" x 3/4"
• 14k gold filled chain. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
• Nickel free.