Hand sculpted Spartan Shield earrings in solid yellow bronze. They have been beaten up some to show use in battle. Small and dainty version for women.
The letter lambda (Λ), standing for Laconia (administrative capital of Sparta) or Lacedaemon (ancient name for the city of Sparta), which was painted on the Spartans' shields, was first adopted in the 420s BC, and quickly became a widely known Spartan symbol. Military families passed on their shields to each generation as family heirlooms.
- Hand sculpted charms
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charms.
- The charms are about 5/8" or 15 mm.
- Soldered bronze eyelet on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled ear wire.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page