Feminine spartan shield necklace.
The letter lambda (Λ), standing for Laconia (administrative capital of Sparta) or Lacedaemon (ancient name for the city of Sparta), which was painted on the Spartans' shields, was first adopted in the 420s BC, and quickly became a widely known Spartan symbol. Military families passed on their shields to each generation as family heirlooms.
- Hand sculpted charm.
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm.
- The charm is about 5/8" or 15 mm.
- Soldered bronze eyelet on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled chain.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page