Nature jewelry hand carved cloisonne daisy art nouveau necklace with embedded sapphire and pearl.
Daisy is the birth flower of the month of April.
Daisies symbolize innocence and purity. This stems from an old Celtic legend. According to the legend, whenever an infant died, God sprinkled daisies over the earth to cheer the parents up.
In Norse mythology, the daisy is Freya’s sacred flower. Freya is the goddess of love, beauty, and fertility, and as such the daisy came by symbolize childbirth, motherhood, and new beginnings. Daisies are sometimes given to congratulate new mothers.
Daisy’s are composite flowers, meaning that they actually consist of two flowers combined into one. The inner section is called a disc floret, and the outer petal section is called a ray floret. Because daisies are composed of two flowers that blend together so well, they also symbolize true love.
• Hand carved cloisonne pendant
• The pendant is in solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze.
• Soldered bronze eyelet on top.
• Hand painted
• Embedded 2 mm midnight blue sapphire
• Grade AA white fresh water pearl
• Signed in the back by the artist
• The pendant is 1.5" long.
• 14k gold filled chain
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free