Eir ("mercy") is a minor Norse goddess of healing. She knew the secret powers of herbs, with which she could even resurrect the dead. In Celtic mythology, she is Airmed.
She taught the art of healing only to women, who, in ancient Scandinavia, were the only physicians. She is the patroness of health-care workers, called on against sickness or injury.
She is one of the goddesses on the mountain called Lyfia ("to heal through magic"), and gives both physical and psychic means of healing; shamanic healing, especially, falls into her realm.
Eir is a companion of the goddess Frigg.
- Hand carved in solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze
- Hand painted
- Sealed with resin to preserve finish.
- Gold leaf in background
- Signed in the back by artist.
- The charms are about 1 1/4" x 5/8".
- 14k gold filled ear wire.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free