Hand carved and painted Eir goddess pendant.
This Eir viking necklace is hand painted and hand carved cloisonné pendant and are the artist original art work imagined from depictions of this norse goddess of healing and herbalism.
Eir ("mercy") is a Norse goddess of healing. She knew the secret powers of herbs, with which she could even resurrect the dead. She taught the art of healing only to women, who, in ancient Scandinavia, were the only physicians. She is the patroness of health-care workers, called on against sickness or injury. She is one of the goddesses on the mountain called Lyfia ("to heal through magic"), and gives both physical and psychic means of healing; shamanic healing, especially, falls into her realm
Eir is a companion of the goddess Frigg.
- Hand carved in solid yellow bronze also known as jeweler gold bronze.
- Hand painted
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- Gold leaf in background
- The pendant is about 1 1/4" x 5/8".
- Signed in the back by artist
- Soldere bail on top
- 2.3mm thick antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- 14k gold filled chain option.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not peel off
- Nickel free.
- 4mm thick leather option.
top of page
bottom of page