Hand carved cloisonne pendant depicting the Welsh goddess Rhiannon also known as Epona.
Rhiannon is the Welsh and Celtic Goddess of the Horses, Moon, fertility and Abundance. She is associated with the Gaulish Goddess Epona. She and her horses might also have been leaders of the soul in the after-life ride.
Epona was the Celtic Horse Goddess whose worship spread to Britain and Rome from Western Europe as a pretor of horses and horsemen. Her name means "Divine mare" in Gaulish.
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant.
- Solid jeweler gold bronze pendant.
- 14k gold filled chain.
- Gold filled is 100 times more gold than plated.
- Nickel free
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- The pendant is about 1.5" x .75".
- Signed in the back by artist