Handmade Etruscan earrings replica. The original earrings were sold at auction to a private collector. Origin estimated to be 1st c. AD.
Known as crotalia (from the Greek word for rattle or castanets) because the stone pendants would produce a jingling noise when worn, earrings of this type were extremely popular with Roman ladies. Numerous examples have been found at Pompeii and Herculaneum.
****** Made to order. Takes 3 weeks to make.
- Hand carved components
- Solid jeweler gold bronze components
- 14k gold filled hammered ear wire and dropping bars
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Natural green/brown chrysoprase stones
- About 2" long. Sizes may vary slightly as each is handmade.