Ginkgo biloba is a very old species, with some fossils dating back 270 million years. Native to China, the tree is widely cultivated, and was cultivated early in human history. It has various uses in traditional medicine and as a source of food.
In Japanese decorative art, the ginkgo's distinctive fan-shaped leaf has carried symbolism along with its singular beauty: the ginkgo has been a symbol of longevity (the tree can live for a thousand years) and of a more profound endurance (four ginkgos survived the blast at Hiroshima and are still growing today).
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm.
• The charm is about 3/4" wide.
• Hand carved, etched and formed
• Soldered eyelet on top
• Signed in the back by artist.
• 14k gold filled chain
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free.