Handmade great blue heron necklace.
In Greek myths, Heron is God’s messenger, so it was wrong to harm one in any way as it brought terrible luck. Stories of Athena speak of a Heron as one of Her messengers. Heron also represents honor and virtue.
Egyptians had a profound relationship with Heron. A God, known as Bennu, is a large red and gold Heron. One of the oldest cities in Egypt, Heliopolis, held this Bird as sacred. Bennu created light, which may be why Heliopolis became known as the City of the Sun. Bennu has sometimes been related to Ra or Osiris reborn into a new life. In creation stories, it is the call of a Heron that heralded the beginning of creation. To this day, a double-headed Heron represents prosperity in Egypt.
- Hand carved pendant
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf background
- Seal with a layer of resin to protect finish
- Solid jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Signed in the back by artist
- About 30 mm x 20 mm pendant (size may vary slightly as each pendant is individually made)
- 14k gold filled chain
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Nickel free
*** Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin. There is no nickel and is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.