Hand sculpted griffin pendant in the style of the Notre Dame de Paris gargouille.
The griffin is a legendary creature with the head and wings of an eagle, and the body, tail, and hind legs of a lion. As the eagle was considered the ‘king of the birds’, and the lion the ‘king of the beasts’, the griffin was perceived as a powerful and majestic creature. During the Persian Empire, the griffin was seen as a protector from evil, witchcraft, and slander.
It is not possible to tell untruth in its presence.
• Hand carved pendant
• Solid yellow bronze pendant.
• The pendant is about 1 5/8" x 3/4" or 40 mm x 20 mm.
• Soldered tube bail on top
• Signed in the back by artist
• 14k gold filled chain option
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
• Black leather option
• Nickel free
***** I recommend 20" long necklaces for men.****