Hecate coin necklace based on a 2nd century amulet from gnosticism.
Hecate or Hekate is a goddess in Ancient Greek religion and mythology, most often shown holding two torche and in later periods depicted in triple form. The triple form represented the phases of the moon: new, waxing, and full. She was variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways, light, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, ghosts, necromancy, and sorcery. As a midwife she carried a sacred knife to cut the cord at birth.
She was one of the main deities worshiped in Athenian households as a protective goddess and one who bestowed prosperity and daily blessings on the family.
- Hand carved pendant
- solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm.
- Signed in the back by artist
- 0.75" pendant
- 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Nickel free
- Each piece is individually fired so color and size may differ slightly from the picture.
top of page
bottom of page