Hecate or Hekate is a Greek goddess most often shown holding two torche and in later periods depicted in triple form.
She was variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways, light, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, ghosts, necromancy, and sorcery.
She was one of the main deities worshiped in Athenian households as a protective goddess and one who bestowed prosperity and daily blessings on the family.
Here she is represented with Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.
Reproduction of a scene from a 4th BC volute Krater.
• Hand carved in solid yellow bronze.
• Signed in the back by the artist.
• Enamel applied for coloring.
• Sealed with resin to preserve the finish.
• The pendant is about 1.5" x 1"
• Different 14k gold filled chain length and thickness options are available.
– The thin chain is 1.4mm.
– The med chain is 2.3mm.
– The thick chain is 3.5mm.
Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.
• Beaded black spinel chain.
• Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option