Hecate or Hekate is a Greek goddess most often shown holding two torche and in later periods depicted in triple form.
She was variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways, light, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, ghosts, necromancy, and sorcery.
She was one of the main deities worshiped in Athenian households as a protective goddess and one who bestowed prosperity and daily blessings on the family.
Here she is represented with Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.
Reproduction of a scene from a 4th BC volute Krater.
- Hand carved pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
- Hand painted.
- Gold leaf background.
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- The pendant is about 1.5" x 1"
- Soldered tube bail on top.
- 14k gold filled chain option.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option. The leather locks in the pendant so it doesn't slide off.