This cameo represents The Third Labor of Heracles (Hercules): The Capture of the Golden Hind of Artemis.
The Ceryneian Hind was an enormous hind (deer), who was sacred to Artemis, the chaste goddess of the hunt, animals and unmarried women. It had golden antlers like a stag and hooves of bronze or brass, and it was said that it could outrun an arrow in flight.Heracles was forced to capture the hind but instead of bringing it to King Eurystheus he returned it to Artemis.
• Handmade cameo pendant.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
• Reproduction of a 17th c. cameo intaglio from the Victorian Grand Tour.
• Bronze bail soldered in the back.
• The medallion is 33 mm x 28 mm
• 14k gold filled chain option
• Gold filled does not peel off or rub off. It has 100 times more gold.
• Nickel free
• 4mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.