The Jerusalem cross, also known as Crusaders' cross or the "Five-fold Cross" originates with the coat of arms worn by Godfrey of Bouillon during the First Crusade, and it remained in use as the arms of the King of Jerusalem throughout their duration (1099–1291).
The Lord of Bouillon was the first knight to arrive in Jerusalem and thus free the city from the Muslim occupation.
A banner with a variation of the Jerusalem cross was used at the proclamation of the Revolution on Mount Pelion Anthimos Gazis in May 1821 in the Greek War of Independence.
Hand carved in solid yellow bronze. Signed in the artist in the back.
Patina applied for contrast.
Soldered bronze eyelets.
The charm is about 1" or 27 mm wide.
4 mm genuine black Greek leather.