Hand sculpted Maltese cross from the order of the knights hospitaller.
The Maltese cross is a symbol that is most commonly associated with the Knights of Malta (also known as the Knights Hospitallers of St. John), who ruled the Maltese islands between 1530 and 1798.
The knights Hospitallers appeared in the 12th c. to provide care for sick, poor or injured pilgrims coming to the Holy Land.
Outside of the Malta, the Maltese cross is also the basis for the Badge of some Firefighters departments.
• Hand sculpted cross
• Solid bronze.
• The cross is about 1.25".
• Soldered Bail on top
• Signed in the back by artist.
• 14k gold filled option
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free
• Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
• The silver blackened (oxidized) chain is chemically darkened and is not painted on. Overtime the oxidation might fade or darken in color depending on the wearer's body chemistry.