Hand carved medieval Bestiary elephant necklace.
Inspired by the Medieval Book of Beasts also called Bestiary which is a descriptive book on various real or mythical kinds of animals, especially a medieval work with a moralizing tone.
On this pendant is the Elephant carrying a castle tower. Elephants are traditionally considered a symbol of good luck, wisdom, fertility, and protection.
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant
- Solid yellow bronze pendant.
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf on background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
- Signed in the back by artist
- The pendant is about 30 mm x 20 mm.
- 14k gold filled chain.
- Nickel free.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
top of page
bottom of page