Hand sculpted medieval Bestiary rampant lion necklace.
Inspired by the Medieval Book of Beasts also called Bestiary which is a descriptive book on various real or mythical kinds of animals, especially a medieval work with a moralizing tone.
The lion is a common charge in heraldry. It traditionally symbolises courage, nobility, royalty, strength, stateliness and valour, because historically the lion has been regarded as the "king of beasts".
The Lion rampant is on thermal banner of Scotland.
On this pendant is the Lion with the letter L in large and the rest of the word Lion spelled out on top.
- Hand sculpted pendant
- Solid bronze pendant
- Signed in the back by artist
- The pendant is about 1 1/4" x 3/4" or 30 mm x 20 mm.
- Soldered bail on top
- 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off
- Solid antiqued sterling silver chain option
top of page
bottom of page