Hand carved and painted cloisonné Minoan goddess pendant.
Depiction based on a Knossos seal impression, Crete from the bronze age ( 2700 BC - 1400 BC). It is now at Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
We see a female figure atop a mountain here who must surely be the epiphany of the deity. The mountain is flanked by two lion figures. She is greeted by a saluting male figure whose body displays a tense arched-back posture. In the back are Mycenaean structures.
This seal is known as the Minoan Mountain Goddess, The Knossos Peak Goddess, The Minoan Epiphany.
- Hand carved and painted
- Solid yellow bronze also known as jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
- Pendant is about 1.5" x 1"
- Signed in the back by artist
- Soldered tube bail on top
- 4 mm black leather option
- 14k gold filled chain option. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than platted.
- Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page