Handmade coin reproduction of Nike the winged goddess coin earrings.
In Greek Mythology, Nike was the goddess of speed, strength and victory. Also known as Winged Goddess, Nike is most often pictured as having wings.
Ancient Greeks worshiped Nike because they believed she could make them immortal and was able to grant to humans strength and the speed needed to be victorious in any task they undertook.
When Nike appeared alone, she always had wings and sported a palm branch in her right hand. If she was seen with another god, Nike was always wingless. According to many accounts, Nike is portrayed without wings in Athens so that she could never fly away from their city.
Nike is one of the most commonly portrayed figures on Greek coins.
Her Roman equivalent is Victory.
- The original coin was from 452 bc.
- Handmade Greek coin reproduction.
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze coins.
- Soldered bronze eyelet on top.
- The coin is about 16mm.
- 14K gold filled ear wire.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free.