Poppy is the birth flower of the month of August.
Poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death: Sleep because the opium extracted from them is a sedative, and death because of the common blood-red color of the red poppy in particular. In Greek and Roman myths, poppies were used as offerings to the dead.
• Hand carved cloisonne earrings
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze panels
• The earrings are about 1.25" x 1/2" or 30 mm x 15 mm.
• Hand painted
• Gold leaf in background
• Sealed with a layer of resin
• Soldered eyelet on top
• Signed in the back by artist
• 14k gold filled ear wire
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
• Nickel free