The modern West generally associates owls with wisdom. This link goes back at least as far as Ancient Greece, where Athens, noted for art and scholarship, and Athena, Athens' patron goddess and the goddess of wisdom, had the owl as a symbol.
Reverse side of Athena. 449-413 BC.
• Each piece is individually made and signed in the back.
• Handmade solid yellow bronze Greek coin reproduction.
• One sided.
• Aged with patina.
• Soldered eyelet on top.
• The coin is about 3/4" or 20mm.
• 14k gold filled ear wire.
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated so does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page