This cameo represents the God Hermes freeing Io from Argus. Io was a nymph seduced by Zeus, who changed her into a heifer to escape detection from his wife Hera. Hera, then send the 100 eyed giant Argus to guard Io from Zeus.
• Handmade cameo pendant
• Reproduction of a 17th c. cameo intaglio from the Victorian Grand Tour.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
• Bronze bail soldered in the back.
• The medallion is 40 mm x 40 mm
• Signed in the back by artist.
• 14k gold filled chain.
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.