This Persephone necklace is a handmade ancient greek coin reproduction of the goddess of spring also known as Proserpina in Roman.
In Greek Mythology, Persephone was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter and was made Queen of the Underworld after being abducted by Hades in ancient mythology. Persephone passed half her time with her husband in the Underworld but she returned to earth every Spring to be with her mother. Her connection with Spring led to her being referred to the goddess of Springtime.
• Handmade reproduction of a Greek coin from 390 BC representing Persephone.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze coin pendant
• One sided hammered coin
• Signed in the back by artist
• The coin is one sided and is 1 1/8" wide.
• Soldered eyelet on top
• 14k gold filled chain
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does rub or peel off.
• Thin chain is 1.4mm
• Medium chain is 2.3 mm
• Nickel free