Handmade flamant rose flamingo necklace.
This bird is easily recognized and fascinating, because of its unique and symbolic red-purple-colored feather. The color pink comes from beta-carotene in the crustaceans and plankton that flamingos eat.
Mayan tradition sees the flamingo as a symbol of virility, and it is also believed to be an omen for impending death.
For Native Americans, the flamingo is seen as a symbol of beauty, lightness, and the spirit world.
In Zimbabwe and South Africa, Flamingos are seen as harbingers for death or sickness if they land on someone’s property.
For Celtic Druids, Flamingos are seen as the totem of a person’s wisdom and self-awareness.
For Hindus in India, the flamingo is said to be an animal that was created by Brahma for his wife Rohini!
In Japan, Flamingos represent good luck because their red feathers symbolize happiness.
- Hand carved pendant
- Solid jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish
- About 30 mm x 17 mm pendant (Size may vary slightly as each piece is individually made)
- Signed in the back by artist
- Nickel free
- 14k gold filled chain. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not peel off.
*** Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin. There is no nickel and is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.