Hand carved Lilith necklace.
The Burney Relief (also known as the Queen of the Night relief) is a Mesopotamian terracotta plaque in high relief of the Old-Babylonian period (19th c. BC), depicting a winged, nude, goddess-like figure with bird's talons, flanked by owls, and perched upon two lions.
It has been debated wether the Goddess represented is Lilith, Inanna/Ishtar or Ereshkigal.
Lilith: Babylonian Demon of the Night
Ishtar: Mesopotamian Goddess of Love, Beauty and War
Ereshkigal: Sumerian Goddess of the Underworld
- Hand sculpted pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
- 35 mm x 30 mm pendant
- Soldered bail on top
- Hand carved
- Signed in the back by artist
- 3.5 mm thick 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Nickel free
- 4 mm black Greek leather option
top of page
bottom of page