Hand carved Set Egyptian God pendant.
Seth (or Set) is a god of chaos, the desert, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion.
Seth (Set), son of Geb (Earth) and Nut (sky), brother of Osiris, was god of the desert, foreign lands, thunderstorms, eclipses, and earthquakes. Seth was a powerful and often frightening deity, however he was also a patron god of the pharaohs, particularly Ramses the Great. He protected the dead on the way to the Afterlife.
In Egyptian mythology, Seth killed Osiris in an attempt to become the ruler of Egypt, however Osiris and Isis’s son, Horus, defeated Seth in combat. Seth then was adopted by the sun god Ra. He became the thunder in the sky and protected Ra from the chaos serpent Apophis during the sun’s nightly travel through the underworld. While Seth has been depicted in a variety of animal forms, he is usually depicted as a dog-like animal with a forked tail, called the “Seth animal.”
- Hand carved cloisonne pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
- The pendant is 1 1/2" x 3/4".
- Soldered bronze bail on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled chain option.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated, doesn't peel off.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- 4mm wide black genuine Greek leather option
- Nickel free