Handmade coquelicot poppy earrings.
Poppy is the birth flower of the month of August.
Poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death: Sleep because the opium extracted from them is a sedative, and death because of the common blood-red color of the red poppy in particular. In Greek and Roman myths, poppies were used as offerings to the dead.
- Hand carved cloisonne earrings
- Original artwork
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze panels
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin
- Soldered eyelet on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- 14k gold filled ear wire
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Nickel free
top of page
bottom of page